What are the most common DIY disasters?
According to a new report by Santander Insurance, one in six people in the UK will attempt some form of home improvement, and 75% of those will do so without any expert help.
Of these DIY projects, 13% will go wrong – meaning that people have to pay a grand collective total of £169 million to get their dodgy DIY efforts fixed.
So what were the most common DIY disasters in the past twelve months?
- Underestimated the time/cost of the project – 25%
- Damaged/marked walls – 15%
- Damaged ceiling – 9%
- Damaged/marked flooring/carpet – 8%
- Damaged/marked furniture – 7%
- Burst pipe – 6%
- Damaged property exterior – 4%
- Damaged loft – 3%
- Damaged electrics – 2%
If you would either like to avoid the pitfalls of a DIY project gone wrong, or would like some help on fixing up your own DIY disaster contact WW Brown & Sons on 01858 465353 today.